Monday, September 27, 2010

Running Record - 9/27/10

Today in class we reviewed running records. I had actually never done a running record before and although I kind of knew what they were, for the most part this was all new to me. I found running records to be pretty easy, and realize with practice they will become second nature. I can see why Dr. Poehner says not to do more than one person in a group per day because RR's take concentration and it would get tiring and repetitive after a while and then the last student may not get your full attention/concentration.
In class we also went over the requirements for our GR lessons. This helped me out a lot to clarify exactly what needs to be in each section of our lesson and how much time to spend on each of these activities. After going over our lessons I feel a lot more comfortable writing my LP for GR.
So far I like guided reading and think I will use GR and running records in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree. Once you get onto doing running records it becomes pretty easy. It takes away to get your approach figured out but once you do you are fine. Yes, I think that was good advice from Dr. Poehner to only do one or so at a time because it does take a lot of concentration and focus to do one. I am beginning to feel more confident with guided reading. I am also glad she went over the requirements for the lesson plan. Everything is become more and more clear.

    ReplyDelete